MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Johnys New MyBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm NEW to MYBB, and I wanted to post a forum I just put up for a friend of mine. It's the default theme with custom colors and I don't know if the colors go good together or if it looks horrible or maybe I been looking at it for too long...lol

Any advice on the colors/design good or bad is welcome. Confused
http://forum.johnyscorner.com/

Thanks...
The theme is okay I guess, it's unique which is good and sort of goes with your niche. You need to actually post content before showcasing it because I don't see many people wanting to join a forum with a whopping 3 posts, 2 of which are hidden.

I like that your sections are dominantly based around your niche. I think you might have spread it out too much with different sections but beer-talk isn't really my strong suit. I would also advice an off-topic section as I doubt people would want to talk about beer all the time.

Good luck man.
I'm not really wanting any traffic on it right now, I just been working on the colors/design and wanted some advise.....I'm half colorblind and I been looking at it for too long my eyes hurt...lol

I really don't know if it's a eyesore or not.

Thanks for the advice, It does really need a off-topic section!.... I'll add it later Smile
It's not an eye-sore no, but I'm personally not a fan of the alternate colour trows. I would make that one dominant colour, preferably the darker grey you have there.

As for the rest I like the background image, the container background image serves its purpose, the logo can be a lot better and the images used for the on/off images could also be better quality.
One thing, is that clicking on the logo takes you to the main page and doesn't just refresh the forums. Have a separate link that takes you to the main page but when I click the logo I want to go back to the index of the forums.
Looks decent but pretty much 90% of the icons need changing. I would change them at least. You can clearly see the white outline around them, it looks a mess. Keep working on it, its a work in progress Smile
(2012-06-26, 08:05 PM)tsac Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really wanting any traffic on it right now, I just been working on the colors/design and wanted some advise.....I'm half colorblind and I been looking at it for too long my eyes hurt...lol

I really don't know if it's a eyesore or not.

It's far to dark for me, I find dark websites strain my eyes to much and I don't stay long.
Try http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html to find colours that work together.
The "[Complete List]" link after the users online is a little hard to see (black). Also the forum is locked icon doesn't match the others.

Other than those two things, I can't see much wrong. Maybe the logo is a little low quality, but it's not too bad. Overall, well done. Smile

Regards,
Shannon
You wanna remove the /install from your server.

Its been locked but you wanna remove it.

go to your ftp and you'll see install remove that folder.

Also I'd change your admin redirectory for security reasons.
(2012-06-27, 11:00 AM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]You wanna remove the /install from your server.

Its been locked but you wanna remove it.

go to your ftp and you'll see install remove that folder.

Also I'd change your admin redirectory for security reasons.

It's locked, so it's fine.