MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Might be making a Wolf Rpg and.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and new to MyBB. I am in the process of making a wolf rpg. I've looked at hosting it on proboards but I'm not a big fan of their boards anymore. Not really a big fan of invisionfree either. I've been reading about MyBB on a few forums and a lot of rpg owners are starting to use it. I have just 2 questions on MyBB for now.

Can members have a custom profile? Instead of the user's profile only having their real life info (hometown, email address, etc) can members have added custom profile fields for their character? Like one for their character's name, age, gender, description, etc? Here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://wyldernis.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=3

I'm a little confused about the website url creation as well. My second question is when you create your forum, will it be self hosted? Like instead of it being - mywolfrpg.zxq.net, will it just be my wolfrpg.com? Zxq is a web hosting site called zymic that I might use for the time being.
The moved. The "MyBB.com Community & Site Issues" forum is for issues regarding MyBB.com, hence it being named "MyBB.com Community & Site Issues".

(2012-06-26, 10:29 PM)Gemmy Wrote: [ -> ]Can members have a custom profile? Instead of the user's profile only having their real life info (hometown, email address, etc) can members have added custom profile fields for their character? Like one for their character's name, age, gender, description, etc? Here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://wyldernis.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=3

Yes, custom profile fields are a core feature.

(2012-06-26, 10:29 PM)Gemmy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little confused about the website url creation as well. My second question is when you create your forum, will it be self hosted? Like instead of it being - mywolfrpg.zxq.net, will it just be my wolfrpg.com? Zxq is a web hosting site called zymic that I might use for the time being.

You'd have to buy a domain from a domain registrar. They're not automatically assigned.
Awesome. Smile Thank you for the fast response. Sorry for posting in the wrong board as well.