MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massive errors on changing announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I cannot tell if this is a bug or what and I cannot give you any idea if it was a problem prior to updating to 1.6.8, but I did come across this today.

You can see the errors here: http://skincitydesigns.com/bb/modcp.php?...ouncements

I tried to change a site announcement from the board, not in the ACP and it gave me all these errors. there are 239 of them in my inbox.

I went to the ACP and tried to do the same thinking it was a bug related to changing announcement on the board, but I got the same errors.

I don't want to do anything and make things worse.
My first thought is to simply upload new files for the ones the errors show.

Anyone?
Can you take a screenshot? We obviously can't see your Mod CP.
We can't see the page you linked to. Could you instead provide a screenshot of the errors?

Also, do you have any plugins installed that affect announcements in any way?

EDIT: ninja'd by Tomm Sad
UPDATE:

I just threw up a test announcement from the ACP.
I went to the board and used the edit button and "edited" this test announcement. It blows the same errors.

It does NOT blow errors on making a new announcement, only editing from the board's edit button.

this / these are global announcements if that matters.

(2012-06-27, 11:20 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Can you take a screenshot? We obviously can't see your Mod CP.

(2012-06-27, 11:20 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]We can't see the page you linked to. Could you instead provide a screenshot of the errors?

Also, do you have any plugins installed that affect announcements in any way?

EDIT: ninja'd by Tomm Sad

Oh sorry guys. I hadn't realized it was a mod cp link. Give me a second and I'll get one for you. It will be a small section since it's blowing hundreds at a time. They all seem to be the same or relatively the same.

OK screenshot for you:

[attachment=26685]

I have no plugins that affect announcements.
Bumping this up as I really need some help here. I can't have this showing on the board.

Anyone?
This definitely looks like a 1.6.8 bug.
Ok then, so I gather one of you guys on the Dev Team need to address it before I can fix it?
Will be investigated and probably fixed for 1.6.9: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/2049
OK Hopefully this will help you guys.

If you are on the board and go to: MCP > announcements it will blow the error immediately. It's at the top of the page and it throws 59 email errors into my inbox for EVERY VISIT using that route.

If you need any more information or access to my site due to not being able to replicate yourself, feel free to contact me.

In the meantime, I'll avoid going into the MCP to change announcements!
I am on 1.6.8 and I do not see the issue. I have one global and forum announcement as well.
Pages: 1 2 3