MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please appraise Gameforum(dot)co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much is this domain name (Gameforum(dot)co) worth ?? Should i develop a forum on it or should i sell it ?? Huh

Thank you.
(2012-06-27, 02:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Its already taken: http://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois.a...meforum.co

http://www.namecheap.com/domains/domain-...ype=single&

... the question would be void if it wasn't...

It's owned by the OP, who wants to know what to do with it.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if he owned the domain or trying to buy since he hasn't mentioned in the OP.
(2012-06-27, 04:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if he owned the domain or trying to buy since he hasn't mentioned in the OP.

(2012-06-27, 01:46 PM)Pro33 Wrote: [ -> ]Should i develop a forum on it or should i sell it

I found the implication fairly clear personally.

As for answering the OP's question, I'm not sure what I'd say the domain is worth, because it depends on a lot of factors (traffic, search rankings, etc). When it comes down to making money off it, that really depends on how much time and dedication you have. If you have a lot, you can make money off of almost any domain by monetising the site correctly. If you don't, and you feel the site would fail and just cost you extra in running costs, then perhaps selling the domain would make you extra.
Thanks Charlie Hadden & Yaldaram.
I don't think it is worth to much .coms sell for the most then .net and .org but anything under that is worth a lot less if you are going to sell it you could try putting it on godaddy auctions or something but I don't think you would get to much for it.
The problem with domain suffixes is that most humans by nature are creatures of habit.. whatever their habit is.. they are most comfortable continuing in that habit.. no matter how stupid it is... in a deluded point of view it's somewhat pathetic really.
So let's take Americans for example.. the average American thinks internet (relative to websites) is a www and a .com and MAYBE a .gov/.org.
Most have no idea what a .net or a .info, .co etc etc
And since for the last 10+ years.. they've gotten used to .com
Unless the internet technology goes through a new evolution to something different.. it's not likely to change.
So... Congrats on owning a premium domain name.. but as far as the suffix.. most consumer research reports show people won't use it or get confused when they here it and go to the .com instead or whatever other suffix they are used to hearing.

I'd say if you get lucky and find a not so intelligent person with a lot of money to waste.. you might get a $1000 euros for it... but chances are.. probably just around a tenth of that.
BUT.. that's from a .com perspective.. if there is a country that speaks English and mostly uses .co then that's where you should try and sell it.

Good luck, I mean that, and learn from this.. don't buy suffixes without researching thoroughly first.. (I've done this myself a few times back in the day.. I learned from my mistake)

Edit:
removed a risky but funny comment about website suffix memory recall.
thank you very much everyone for helping me out, so the conclusion is that it would be better to build a forum with it to make use of the keyword "gameforum" rather than selling it as that wont give me much money bcoz of the ".co" extension.

i request staff to close this thread now.