MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User that doesn't exist, but yet still does.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm using MyBB version 1.6.6 and had a few users register that never wrote a post and probably just were trying to advertise somehow. I deleted them through the admin panel but only one still exists for some reason... I went on phpMyAdmin, into the table named mybb_users and deleted it there, but still, the username "I_Natalia_Alabama" is displayed in the board statistics on the page. And even stranger, the username doesn't show up in "Users" in the Admin CP, however, for some reason in one row in the middle is one user listed, while all the rows above and below display 2 users per row.

Now this might be important to know: I moved the forum to another website, and also moved the database. I already edited the config.php file as well as did the CHMODs again.

And I think I deleted the cache correctly, but am not sure. Could anyone please tell me what is going on? Oh, and I have no clue how to update my MyBB forum so it's still 1.6.6.Blush

Oh, and I can't do a version check in the moved forum. Is there a file I need to edit?
AdminCP > Tools and Maintenance > Cache Manager > and infront of "Stats" click "Rebuild cache".

And use the following plugin to remove traces of spam accounts/posts etc;

http://mods.mybb.com/view/goodbye-spammer
I tried that now (also Rebuild Cache for "forums") and it still says:
Please welcome our newest member, I_Natalia_Alabama
And the name doesn't show up in the member list, so what else can I do?... Huh, that's odd. I looked in the SQL file from my last database (I exported it from phpMyAdmin) and the username doesn't exist in any table. =O Could it be that it got hacked somehow? Maybe I could delete the forum folder and download the latest one and see if that helps. Though um, would my templates stay the same? Or is there maybe a thread where I can read something like that?

And thank you for helping me!^^
AdminCP > Tools and Maintenance > recounts and rebuilds > and click "Go" infront of "Recount Statistics".
Seriously? That's all I had to do? I'm an idiot, aren't I? XD Thank you for your help!^^ This topic is solved!