MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Mod help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I was trying to make a mod almost like the Forum Team page, but see, the forum team page is only for Forum Team Toungue

So I was making a Group List page, where you could add any of your custom groups to it.

But I'm stuck in one spot, when I check Add on Group List page to Yes, and Forum team page to No, it won't add it to the Group List page.
It only adds groups to my list page when add to forum team page is checked!!

Help me please!!!!!!!!
uhm.. The code you are using for it would be an great help.
Sorta hard, when I've edited files. I'm not really working off ONE main code... .. though that probably would work better Toungue 'Cept I don't know how to do that...

the only thing that is confusing me is that the usergroups won't show up on my group page unless "Show on Forum Team Page" is set to yes Confused ...
Well, What have you added? Have you added an new settings to the usergroups? If so check that it's not the same value as the "forum team" settings/button.
Also any code from that part of the mod would be great for debugging.
I'm not sure what to post without having seen the code.
Could you at least post the SQL statement used to list everyone in a group? I think you may have left in something dealing with the forum team in there.
Nevermind, I did it. Something in the php file was going back to forum team..

Now, there's only two things left I need to figure out:

1. How to do the "Ordered" list for it (like the Forum Team Page)
2. How to make it a plugin!!!

If anyone could provide help for #1 it would be greatly appriciated!!
Can a user group show up on more than one "group list" page?

yes:
* create a new table with a field for the "group list", the user group id, and the display order within that "group list"

no:
* use the disporder field in the usergroups table
You may be doing this wrong. You should attack the code from showteam.php and alter it to display the groups you want.  This should be VERY easy to do.

You can make a plugin along with a forumgroups.php page ....it should add a setting so you can name the groups you want to display inside the AdminCP...that's about it. Easy and as a plugin shouldn't be a problem when you upgrade to new versions.

Always use the plugin system if you can...it will save you headaches later on.