MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Creating default object from empty value"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, not that long ago, I logged into my Admin CP and was confronted with the following message:
"Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 316 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.4.3 (FreeBSD)"

My website is currently running Mybb1.6.4 and I was planning on upgrading to the latest v1.6.8 in the next few days....However, it seems that as a result of this message, my database backups don't seem to work on my localhost for testing (not uploadable), before I upgrade...Is there any way I can fix this error please?

I've attached a screenshot, of the problem below:

[attachment=26696]
Bump Smile
MyBB doesn't fully support PHP 5.4 yet. MyBB 1.6.9 should solve many bugs with PHP 5.4.
(2012-07-02, 02:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB doesn't fully support PHP 5.4 yet. MyBB 1.6.9 should solve many bugs with PHP 5.4.
Thank you for the update- really appreciate it! Should I wait for MyBB 1.6.9 before I make any changes then, or do you suggest I contact my Service Provider/Host to downgrade the server to PHP 5.3? Will I have any trouble upgrading to MyBB 1.6.9, when it is released? Smile

Thanks for your help!
I'd advise updating to 1.6.8 as soon as you possibly can as there have been patches to known security issues since 1.6.4 and you leave yourself vulnerable by waiting seeing as we don't have a release date for 1.6.9 yet.
(2012-07-02, 04:21 PM)Dacoolguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the update- really appreciate it! Should I wait for MyBB 1.6.9 before I make any changes then, or do you suggest I contact my Service Provider/Host to downgrade the server to PHP 5.3?

That's your call. 1.6.9 shouldn't be too long away from release. The more people who use MyBB on 5.4, the quicker we can fix any other bugs that way arise due to compatibility. Smile

(2012-07-02, 04:21 PM)Dacoolguy Wrote: [ -> ]Will I have any trouble upgrading to MyBB 1.6.9, when it is released? Smile

Not at all. Upgrading is a fast, simple process. It takes a couple of minutes at most. Smile
Thank you both for the very helpful answers. The support I receive from these community forums has been nothing short of fantastic!
I got this very same issue, my provider updated to 5.4.12 (Linux). I got version the latest MyBB version. Is there any way to solve this by now?
Bump.
As a high risk vulnerability was discovered, 1.6.9 was pushed out without any other changes. These warnings are fixed in 1.6.10 and it should be released soon, it just needs testing as we've made some pretty large global changes which unless work completely will leave you with an unusable forum.

You have two options:

A) Wait until 1.6.10 is released.

B) Hide PHP warnings/errors via the ACP.

ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Error Type Medium > Hide Errors and Warnings
Pages: 1 2