MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Way to Limit Image Height in Signatures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I now have the annoying problems of dealing with members who use signature images with heights that are WAY too large.
I modded the image tag to limit the width of images but some images are okay to be long in forum posts..
SO how would I go about limiting the height of images used in signatures only?
If there's a way to do this I wouldn't have to police people's image signatures as much.. it's retarded to see signatures that take up quadruple the space than the actual post.
Thanks a lot Jovan! I'll check those out Big Grin
Was mainly looking for a code snippet instead of a plugin if possible.
So long as no core edits are needed.
OMG Yaldaram, thank you.. but I still want a refund or an unbanning! lol Big Grin
I'm using Labrocca's version.. it's not working in preview mode.. but it wont allow signature update if image is out of spec.. gives annoying errors to the perps who try uploading huge signature images.. which is fine. Signature size is in the rules anyway.
Easiest solution is to wrap the signature in a div with the class "signature" and add this class to showthread .css

.signature img {
max-height: 100px;
}

change to whatever height you want
OH SOB! That is easier... damn... thank you brad. So obvious I missed that thought process.
I believe max-width is supported right too so that could work.
Too bad there's not CSS language to limit the file size.