MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hide a forum from view on board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to hide the rules for the forum and have my users access them by top link. If I use permissions...then they cannot access through link either. I just want to hide it from all but still allow access.

Can it be done?
Could you thoroughly explain what you are trying to do? I'm not understanding exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

If I understand correctly, you could simply make a thread in a member only or public forum, and link to it in your forum templates. This way you by pass having to use the not very customizable display for forum rules in forum settings.
Okay.. I think after I have done extensive research, it was explained to me that a specific plug-in would have to be created for what I wish to accomplish. I would just like to direct link to a forum rather than having the forum on the index page along with the top menu. I guess my second idea would be the best LOL... to simply remove the top menu link to the rules and leave it on the board.
site:
http://thefreeweb.org