MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multi-Forum Features?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I have quite a big project that I've been planning for quite some time, and I came up on a problem in my logic. Okay, so basically, I want to have a website that contains multiple forum instances, each one covering different topics. So, I want around 4 different indexes, each having different forums. But that's it. I want all plugins to be global, and, most importantly, I want the memberlist to be global. For example, if a user signs up on one forum, i want them to be a member on another, and I want their post count, and all of their profile information to show up as well. So basically, I want one forum split across different indexes, with a different logo/title. I don't know whether I need to do this with 4 completely different installations or if I could tweak one install.

Please help, and let me know if this is possible and how I would do it.

Thanks.
it could be very possible, them all working with one Database for there information you set but the other databases be set to other information you want set??? Maybe one whole Forum install but with it all working with muiltiple Databases.
I'd imagine it is possible. Problem: I have no idea how. Any help?
Ya, I have no idea but would like to learn myself Smile
Umm., contact me & we could try to work something out Smile
do you want different domains or different subdomains or just different folders?
Different subdomains I'm thinking, but different folders works just as well.
This should work when you put them all on the same prefix on the same mysql database.