MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: zGamer.org | Active/Friendly Community | Brand NEW | $20 Prize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: zgamerlogo.png]

zGamer is a brand new gaming forum which has officially opened today! Me and a friend have spent the day attempting
to customize a forum to the best of out ability. Both have very little experience but feel we have done a good job so far
but hope to improve in the near future with a custom theme, custom plugins and more.

To start off our epic journey into the unknown we are going to be running an event to win a prize of $20! It's not a huge
amount but for just signing up and staying active its great. Thread will be created shortly for you to read and find out how
to enter. Looking for lots of feedback so hit the forums and tell us what you think! Forum is still in the basic stages so expect changes over the coming days!

For a little something extra we are offering a special badge for the first 20 members to join us! This Award will never be available again so get it while you
have the chance!
So yeah, what's your HF account?
A recipe for disaster.
(2012-06-28, 09:45 PM)Benn Wrote: [ -> ]Me and a friend have spent the day attempting
to customize a forum to the best of out ability.

Wow, a whole day? Don't overwork yourself.
I like the logo but that's about all you have going for you.

I would say start from scratch with the rest and don't copy HF until you have a site as large as HF Toungue.
(2012-06-29, 12:21 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-28, 09:45 PM)Benn Wrote: [ -> ]Me and a friend have spent the day attempting
to customize a forum to the best of out ability.

Wow, a whole day? Don't overwork yourself.

When you barely have a clue of what your changing there isn't a lot you can do.

(2012-06-29, 05:10 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I like the logo but that's about all you have going for you.

I would say start from scratch with the rest and don't copy HF until you have a site as large as HF Toungue.

Tell me how i have copied HF?
@Benn: A lot of your forum descriptions mimic that of hackforums. I recommend going over them and changing them a lot.

I highly suggest removing the tabs until you get as big as hackforums. Your forum doesn't even have a 0.001% of hackforums total posts. Fact: Hackforums didn't start off using tabs, they added them in as soon as they reached a high amount of posts.

You should also have less sections. This can be helped by using subforums or merging sections together.

Overall, I rate your forum a 1/10 because I just don't like people who deliberately build their forum based on the idea of another one by making it look exactly like it, this includes copying their content onto your own forum. I also think the theme is very ugly and needs a lot of work.

I know I'm harsh, but once you change all those little things I'm sure your forum will get much higher rating. Smile
That's the problem with most people they think because you have something similar its a Copy. Its a gaming forum, its obvious that id have topics with most forums have that can't be helped.. I feel the tabs make the forum look neater so they will be staying.

Sections are find, pretty much all are being posted in/have content already so no need to merge any. Its quite sad how you automatically decide its a copy because it has a few similar aspects..

I agree the theme isn't the best but im no designer, can make basic changes only. Will purchase a custom theme very soon.

Cheers for the feedback, will take some of it into account.
Dude, your board has 6 members and 72 posts. You do not need that many sections. If you think otherwise, you're wrong.
(2012-06-29, 12:27 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, your board has 6 members and 72 posts. You do not need that many sections. If you think otherwise, you're wrong.

Normally i would agree with you but i feel i can fill the sections up with content fairly easily. Ill see if i can merge a few
Pages: 1 2