MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unblock IP Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of converting a forum to MyBB, and needed to log on to the server via SSH so I can poke at some settings. Long story short after forgetting my password as it wasn't one of my usual ones I got IP banned.

I know it's an IP ban as I can still access the site via CloudFlare, and I can SSH via my phone over 3G (thankfully I set up the second account for the other admin and know his password, and gave us both sudo, so I reset my own password).

Unfortunately our server doesn't seem to run iptables, which is what all of the everything I've found online is for. What's the easiest way to find out what firewall is blocking me from doing what I need to do? Keep in mind I do have SSH access to the server, so running commands on it isn't a problem.
So you think you're IP blocked but not sure how?

Do you mean for the MyBB login you're IP banned? Or is it server access to HTTP port 80?
It's all access to the server; I can't even ping it. I can access a subdomain (www) because it's going through CloudFlare, but CloudFlare doesn't proxy SSH connections.
So why not SSH tunnel from another SSH login?
Is your IP completely static? You can't reset it via restarting your modem?
(2012-06-28, 11:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]So why not SSH tunnel from another SSH login?

The only other SSH login I have is via my cell phone's 3G connection, which is slow. Type things out and watch them appear one letter at a time slow. It could be done but it would probably be faster to figure out how to unblock my IP (especially since I have to deal with backups and uploads).

(2012-06-29, 01:39 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Is your IP completely static? You can't reset it via restarting your modem?

I don't know if it's static, but I don't think that it's dynamic enough to chance when I reset the modem. Plus my family might not be too thrilled with the interruption of service.
Use a free shell account. Lots of places will allow for free SSH logins.
Aha! So apparently I am using iptables, it's just that it's not in the PATH so bash wasn't finding it. Looks like I'll have to use full paths to it for a bit. On the bright side, I did get myself unbanned from my own forum Toungue And I also found that Google will show you your IP if you Google 'my ip'