MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Session Notification like facebook/gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will 2.0 contan something like below security mod as default....??

http://www.mybbsecurity.net/topic-mysessions

because these days more and more hackers/malwares are wandering around internet, so any way to add like this asdefault in mybb 2.0

if it found change in last login ip means, just small notice in login page

"You last login from this ip "xx.xxx.xxxxxx"" now changed, if you're aware of this means, leave it or change password"

something that gmail and facebook do Smile

(or)

any security improvements....??
I think this would be a smart security feature to have. Maybe just the warning when two computers are logged in as you at the same time. Most people have static IPs, so they'd get the warning of a different IP logging into their account all the time.
(2012-06-29, 03:16 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Most people have static IPs, so they'd get the warning of a different IP logging into their account all the time.
Just FYI, static means it doesn't change, dynamic is what you meant, I think. Wink

For those who have a dynamic IP address this feature would be pretty useless and annoying. Useless because they probably don't pay attention to their ever-changing IP address and annoying because the notice would almost always be there and they'd learn to ignore it, which would again make it useless.

It should be up to users to keep their accounts safe. Maybe the multiple concurrent sessions is not such a bad idea though, as Josh said.
so we have to add something in ACP or user CP to enable or disbale, so users will decide...

sure they won't compromise security for simple annoying thing, it's acceptable..

like we can wait for few seconds to few minutes till the antivirus scan to complete in pendrive, like that security first others next Smile

Quote:For those who have a dynamic IP address this feature would be pretty useless and annoying. Useless because they probably don't pay attention to their ever-changing IP address and annoying because the notice would almost always be there and they'd learn to ignore it, which would again make it useless.
nothing is useless, atleast it will satisfy single noob users
Even Gmail doesn't do this - they have a log of the last 10 or so times you logged into your account and list the IP addresses and such, but they don't notify you if the IP is different. It would scare a lot of "noob users" who know little about the internet.
please log from different country or other country ip, gmail will ask you to verify...

and facebook always show about "details of log and last logged in some mobile device from different ip "
Different location is different than different IP (that's a lot of different's Toungue).
(2012-06-30, 03:59 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-29, 03:16 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Most people have static IPs, so they'd get the warning of a different IP logging into their account all the time.
Just FYI, static means it doesn't change, dynamic is what you meant, I think. Wink
You're right. I was thinking both words in my head at the time.
(2012-06-30, 05:41 AM)feastboy Wrote: [ -> ]please log from different country or other country ip, gmail will ask you to verify...

and facebook always show about "details of log and last logged in some mobile device from different ip "
Sorry, you never mentioned different countries in any of your posts before this. It actually slipped my mind that Facebook and Gmail have this in addition to showing the previous sessions, IPs, country and browser type.

While I agree it's a great security measure, I am not sure if it has a place in MyBB... Maybe I am being to simple-minded.
Well, i have a dynamic IP, but google doesn't annoy me with such messages. It only notifies me if the IP range is different (Like, if i use a different ISP which has a different IP range).

If implemented in that way, it would be a great security feature to have (something that other forum softwares doesn't have).
Pages: 1 2