MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beginner looking to start Web design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have been looking at Web design for sometime now and always fancied having ago at it. I have the time and motivation to learn, im ready to sit down and put a few hours daily so i can get to a point where developing/coding themes is easy but also what i make are of a decent quality.

Got plenty of Tutorials book marked and im sure i can find more if needed with a quick search of google. One thing i have noticed while having a quick look through some of the tutorials is none mention what size i should have the canvas in photoshop. What would you suggest?

Looking for any advice/tips, maybe some sites that helped you when you first started.

Look forward to reading your answers.
Really, it's whatever the size that fits that would make your site look nice. Webdesign is an art form at which you either have it or you have to learn. Good Luck! Smile
Well im going with 1024x768, read that a common size which will fit on all resolutions? Hopefully that's true.
As in desktop resolution??? Ohh, maybe develop a way to where it detects the persons resolution & forwards with that html. Like, different files that work in way.