MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: send a PM to a group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible in mybb 1.6 to send a PM to a group rather than listing each user? for example, when a user breaks a forum rule, I'd like to copy in my fellow admins/mods to let them know that a PM was sent and would prefer to select the group of admins/mods rather than listing each user.
Not without a plugin. However you can add those users to your buddy list and select them from the "Select from Buddies" link to make the task a little easier.
If I understood right, you can do this:

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Mass Mail -> Create New Mailing -> Send via private message -> Write the message -> Next Step -> Choose the groups you want to send the PM in the "Members of the following groups..." option -> Next Step -> Schedule for Delivery.
(2012-06-29, 08:18 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]If I understood right, you can do this:

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Mass Mail -> Create New Mailing -> Send via private message -> Write the message -> Next Step -> Choose the groups you want to send the PM in the "Members of the following groups..." option -> Next Step -> Schedule for Delivery.

that's more trouble than it's worth, really.

I wanted something quicker if it were available. I'll explore the option fabio suggested and possibly request a plugin if need be.
I don't think it would quite work for what you want actually. If I understand correctly you want to PM a user and at the same time PM moderators to notify them about what's going on. In that case you'd only be PMing the moderators. Unless I'm missing something, you'll really need a plugin for this. Smile
(2012-06-29, 08:34 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it would quite work for what you want actually. If I understand correctly you want to PM a user and at the same time PM moderators to notify them about what's going on. In that case you'd only be PMing the moderators. Unless I'm missing something, you'll really need a plugin for this. Smile

yep, you got it...