MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Feedback on my First theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working on my first MyBB theme, have wanted to do web design for ages and im finally getting round to it. This is the design i have came up with so far, im please with the outcome but would now like some feedback from people who make their own theme's.

Feedback, Advice and tips welcome!

[Image: benzh1.png]

Just the layout in photoshop, will now begin coding it! Well attempting to Smile
That's really good for your first theme. The only problem I have with it is that it feels too flat. Try spicing it up with some gradients or other effects.
Ok Pixlr ill see what i can do. Now looking at it i can see a i need a new font, doesn't look quite right to me.

Also the login needs a little work.
Don't use one font. That font works great for some things. The menu and, thead and forum title should keep that font but try something else for the rest of it.
(2012-06-30, 03:21 PM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use one font. That font works great for some things. The menu and, thead and forum title should keep that font but try something else for the rest of it.

Agree'd! Looking through some fonts now.
Always have a font for headings and a font for paragraph/text.
(2012-06-30, 04:19 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Always have a font for headings and a font for paragraph/text.

Ok cheers for the advice!