MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Depricated: mktime()
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't you replace mktime() with date() or time() or a different php function?
(2012-07-01, 11:37 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, neither of what Tomm or Omar suggested seemed to have worked.

Well, mine was suppose to just hide the error to no admins. You can edit functions.php.

Find:
 295      if($error_handler->warnings)
 296      {
 297          $contents = str_replace("<body>", "<body>\n".$error_handler->show_warnings(), $contents);
 298      }

Replace with:
 295      if($error_handler->warnings && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1)
 296      {
 297          $contents = str_replace("<body>", "<body>\n".$error_handler->show_warnings(), $contents);
 298      }

Or (if you don't want to see those errors at all):
 295      if($error_handler->warnings)
 296      {
 297          #$contents = str_replace("<body>", "<body>\n".$error_handler->show_warnings(), $contents);
 298      }

I don't recommend the last one, because you will not know if something is wrong with your forum.

EDIT:

Oh, if you are going to edit the core, maybe just applying Tomm's fix is better.
My fix didn't work because it is a separate issue; I just read the first part of the error and assumed it was the same thing.

What is in your header template? mktime() must be used somewhere. A quick check shows that MyBB doesn't use the is_dst parameter outside my fix so it maybe it relates to a plugin?
(2012-07-02, 07:41 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]My fix didn't work because it is a separate issue; I just read the first part of the error and assumed it was the same thing.

What is in your header template? mktime() must be used somewhere. A quick check shows that MyBB doesn't use the is_dst parameter outside my fix so it maybe it relates to a plugin?

You were right. Euan had coded something for me beforehand and this was the code it used:

$cdate = mktime(0, 0, 0, 5, 01, 2012, 0);

Is there a way to rewrite that? My PHP skills are terrible. For the moment at least I've removed the code, though.
$cdate = mktime(0, 0, 0, 5, 01, 2012);
Well, don't I feel stupid now. Thanks, Tomm! Worked like a charm.
Pages: 1 2