MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Preview user option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What about the option for each user to choose if he wants to see a Thread Preview in new reply pages?
And the purpose of this being?...
(2012-06-30, 10:38 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]And the purpose of this being?...

1. I don't like previews.
  2. Just seconds before posting this, I was replying to a thread which loaded a long preview.
  3. Just suggesting.
I've removed the thread preview from my own new reply page. I have a sneaking suspicion nobody will miss it.
I think it can be useful - maybe make it so it is collapsed and then open on a click.
(2012-07-01, 05:42 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think it can be useful - maybe make it so it is collapsed and then open on a click.

It can be useful, but lots of things that can be useful are never or almost never used. In this case, I would rather get rid of an unpopular feature than keep it on the off-chance that someone wants it. If someone wants to review the thread that badly, it's not difficult to open it in a new tab.
Yes, collapsed may be cool (like a jQuery popup), and maybe a option to limit the number of posts, although pretty sure that is already available.