MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO, "Date of Birth" should be a Profile Field. We should be able to create date profile fields.

"Additional Contact Information" should be dropped, if not, passed to Profile Fields as well. "Your Website URL" should be as well a Profile Field.

And a way to manipulate what users can insert into the fields, like a select box:
- Text
- Digits
- URL
- Other (Custom regex)

Profile Fields seems very useful to me, just not very powerful...
Omar it is already possible and i preffer a plugin
DOB should not be a profile field - it is a core requirement for COPPA compliance.
A way to have an icon appear with the other IM icons on the postbit would be useful like you can do in SMF now. (Of course, this idea could be a suggestion for 2.0 as well.)
Maybe DOB shouldn't be a profile field, but having the ability to create advanced and advanced control of profile fields, yes. At least IMO.
What about possiblity to add birth date/contact fields like MSN/profile fields to registration page but not required to choose/fill? Don't know if it's already planned, but I hope it will get in soon.
I agree that custom profile fields should be expanded. I would like some way to validate the input and to dictate how the value is shown, This would allow to show membership in popular social network sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc), alternative contact means (call on Skype, various instant messengers, etc), and fields which are truly unique to your site.