MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum update, viewing issue, synchronize request (facebook, whats app, android)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

As I’m not into forums I have some things that need to be done.

1. My forum has to be updated from 1.6.1 to to 1.6.8 (1608) and I would like to keep the modifications I have on the forum

2. Theirs seems to be an issue which I will explain:
My forum was closed. Only people who were approved by me (activated) could
-View
-Post Threads
-Post Replies
-Post Polls

What I want to change is that people who are not registered or are awaiting activation can
View the forum (only that)

3. On my forum you can post your address details including phone number and social sites. I would like to exchange this information to my Microsoft outlook. In other words I would like to add them as contact. If this is not possible see point 4 (below here)

4. On my forum you can post your address details including phone number and social sites. I would like to exchange this information with and phone. In other words I would like to add them as contact as though android so I can maybe check whom of my members has a facebook account or who maybe has whats app. If this is not possible see point 3 (above here).

If you can do this or some of the things please mail me at [email protected]
(2012-06-30, 09:16 PM)Steven Oosterhoff Wrote: [ -> ]1. My forum has to be updated from 1.6.1 to to 1.6.8 (1608) and I would like to keep the modifications I have on the forum

Updating is easy. Download the update version of MyBB, follow the wizard like when you installed, that should be it. Watch out for incompatible plugins (but that's only a big issue between big versions like 1.4 to 1.6) and changed templates.

(2012-06-30, 09:16 PM)Steven Oosterhoff Wrote: [ -> ]What I want to change is that people who are not registered or are awaiting activation can
View the forum (only that)

You can either grant permission when you edit each individual forum or you can edit their usergroup and check the appropriate boxes.

(2012-06-30, 09:16 PM)Steven Oosterhoff Wrote: [ -> ]3. On my forum you can post your address details including phone number and social sites. I would like to exchange this information to my Microsoft outlook. In other words I would like to add them as contact. If this is not possible see point 4 (below here)

4. On my forum you can post your address details including phone number and social sites. I would like to exchange this information with and phone. In other words I would like to add them as contact as though android so I can maybe check whom of my members has a facebook account or who maybe has whats app. If this is not possible see point 3 (above here).

You can add custom profile fields for these kinds of details. Add a new custom profile field and name it "address" or whatever. Usually you don't want these kinds of details public, so make sure only admins can view it (by disabling it on people's profiles).

As for exporting them for use in Outlook, you'll need something like a plugin for that. I don't know if one exists and if not, you can request it in these forums. I've written a script that converts people's contact details into an Outlook compatible file, but it takes some work and I won't write a plugin for it.

I recommend you invest a little time figuring out these things so that you won't have to pay money or come here to ask. It's really easy and straightforward.
Dear Jazza,
Thanks for your comments but I still will be needing some will take up above points. I have not worked in my forum in any way what so ever. Starting now seems like a mission impossible for me and therefore I posted this add.
Done 70 % of this Job already.