MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {$user['profilelink_plain']} in memberlist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More specifically, I would like to remove the customization done to the usernames in my member list, instead displaying just the plain text like it does on the forums, while maintaining the link to their profiles.

I have tried copying over the link from the postbit, changing the '$post' to '$user', but it didn't work.

As a sort of example, I removed the username customization from the profiles by changing the text of the $lang->users_forum_info to be just their username, and using that instead of the $formattedname.

Is there a similar work around I can use for my member list, that will still link to the profiles?

NOTE: I do not want to remove the username customizations completely from the Group settings!
Use;
{$user['username']}
That shows the username, but it does not get rid of the customizations (font colors, styles, etc), and it does not link to the members' profiles.
It is not possible unless you edit memberlist.php, search:
$user['username'] = format_name($user['username'], $user['usergroup'], $user['displaygroup']);

Replace:
$user['username'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($user['username']);

And use {$user['profilelink']} in the template.
Thank you! This worked perfectly! <3 I wish I knew anything about scripting, so I could figure it out myself.

Along the same lines, could I ask another question?

{$usergroup['title']} will display the User's group in text format in both the postbit and member list, but not in the profiles. Is there a way to display the User group in /plain text/ in profiles? I do not want to use images, which seems to be the only code that mybb gives me to use for my groups!

I have a feeling it will be more script work, lol, if it is possible.
In profile, use;
{$memprofile['usergroup']}

This will display User's Usergroup name.
Do you mean "{$usertitle}"?
Thanks Yaldaram! I actually hadn't try that yet! Unfortunately, it only displays the number of the usergroup and not the actual name, so that's not quite what I'm looking for.

edit: and no, I have the usertitle separately, I need the usergroup.
Can you posts a screen-shot of what exactly you meant? I don't get it.
http://i50.tinypic.com/351hj5k.png - I hope tinypic is ok?

I outlined what I mean in red. That is the group title that I want displayed. As you can see, it displays in my header (as well as the postbit and memberlist that are not shown) by use of {$usergroup['title']}. But, as I have outlined in red, it will not show in my member profiles.

the 'pack' is the user group title and the 'rank' is the usertitle.
Pages: 1 2