MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: clinical forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i need bellow function:
1. user comes to site.
2. can post in guest mod.
3. but before posting, he must pay me with paypal etc.
4. i need it because i'm using a online Clinic site for my patients.
if not then mybb then plz tell other software/cms/forum

bascally a function is needed so that guest can post, but before posting, he has to pay.
I can only think of a mod, which forces users to pay so they can register. Check it out.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/pay-register

I cannot find an exact solution to your problem right now, sorry.

It also makes no sense if you ask me, how is the system supposed to recognize a user, who paid, if he is only a guest?

Or do you mean that he needs to pay for 1 post and then again for another post and so on?
That's more logical, but as I said, I do not have a solution for that right now, maybe someone else?
any other solution??
Add a new usergroup called "unpaid".

Make it the default usergroup that new users are placed into.

Add a donation plugin or just direct all users to your PayPal page instructing them that they need to pay you before they can continue.

When they have paid, manually add them to the "registered" usergroup (or "paid" usergroup).

A plugin may exist to do all of this automatically (PayPal has an API that allows you to write automated scripts to communicate with PayPal and pass data around) but if none exists, you'll have to do it manually or pay someone to write one.
please mind the 2nd point of my original post.
(2012-07-02, 03:41 AM)JoshJat Wrote: [ -> ]please mind the 2nd point of my original post.

Guest mod? I have no idea what that is. If you mean a guest (or unpaid) forum, then you just need to grant permission to the usergroup.
its complicated...i've found another way,. thanks for support