MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Smile
I made a new forum "http://mundapotty.com/forum/index.php" with mybb,
1.I like to know how I can allow only gmail,yahoo,rediff,hotmail users to register and how to disallow all other domains?[Solved Question]
2.Also how to disallow repetition of some symbols in mail id?
Waiting for reply..
Hello.
1. You have an option to block specific e-mail domains on your Admin CP.
( Yourdomain.com/admin/index.php?module=config-banning&type=emails )
You would need a plugin to allow specific email domains and disallow all the others.

Try this one: http://mods.mybb.com/view/restrict-email-domains

2. Could you give an example please? I don't really understand what you want to do here. Smile
Thanks for the info.
Here is an example for 2nd question.
Gmail having some alternative tricks.I would like to block 1 trick.
Here the trick goes.
Let my email id
[email protected]
if I register with [email protected],the confirmation mail will go to [email protected],its an alternate mailbox for [email protected] I register with [email protected] the same will happen,confirmation mail will get on [email protected],so if a spammer know this trick(dot trick) he will make lots of ids with 1 gmail id by placing dots in his mail id.
So I like to block this trick,and when blocking it should not be every mail which contains "."
if [email protected] is a real mail id it must be allowed to register,but if [email protected] already registered it([email protected]) must be disallowed to register.
Waiting your reply. Smile
Oh, I see. Well, sadly I don't know how to block these kinds of tricks.

I have never heard of it before and I don't think many people have. This isn't something I would be worried about.

You would most likely need a plugin for that and I don't think there is one for these kinds of things.

Maybe someone else has an idea?
Yes,it needs coding,found some chipmunk forums have disabled this successively,waiting more replies,if someone have a solution...Smile
never mind Toungue

But, there is really nothing we can do as it's specific to gmail. Everywhere else [email protected] is different then [email protected]
^Ok..Smile
Got it solved