MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: multi forum script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear users

i am working on a multi forum script at current moment

at current status it is working like it should be and should support the following things
  • subdomains ( forum.yoursite/ )
  • directory's ( yoursite/forum/ )
  • Forced ads/disable ads for user
  • create userdir based on username
  • Remove Dir/mysql if user remove the forum
  • allow XX forums to be created by same user
  • allow user to delete his own forum
  • backups based on table prefix ( user)
  • easy to install ( create file takes care of db and files)
  • Full install of mybb , so users can not mess things up and do everything on there own (custom plugins / templates and so on )

so far a few parts are ready , but now i got the big question
i do not have any1 to test out the script so i am looking for alpha testers
i am still working on the frontend system , and on a serial system (i got the serial system but still working to intregrate it )

i like to have a few suggestions of users about the following things
  • free or paid ?
  • 1 serial for everything or differend options ?
  • free trial or limited version ? (create xx forums)
or in short , i am wondering if users like to have it a free release or that they got a certain price in mind for this ??

then i also like to ask if there are alpha testers that are willing to pay a small fee to gain acces to the alpha releases and after tests are complete that they get acces to the full release for a certain time

as soon it is time for a alpha release then i let it know in this forum , but it would be nice to know if there is intrests in it in first place

Thank you
Greetings From PowerChaos
For alpha and beta you should just do free since there is no point to pay a small fee to debug and test dev software in my opinion, or make a "lite" version for free and the master one that's paid. It just depends on how good it's coded and features to say if you should make it paid or not.

What do you mean 1 serial for different options? Can you expand more on what you mean?

Like I said before, a limited version would be better then a trial.
well
the script is basicly now in alpha stage
you can create a new forum , register a account ( forum get created with some account info for security) and upload your plugins , got a installer (just press install Big Grin) and can be installed where you like ( even custom prefix for main install )

i was thinking before of releasing 2 differend versions or a "lite/limited" version for free use
but i changed that part already as it is complicated to secure/code for a lite version

There are always users who try to "crack" your script , and writing a lite version will totaly erase my dynamic system i got ( just upload file to /pages/ and you can call it like ?page=yourpage)
it will also force me to code all files to prevent execution of some functions that are in it
so a trial is better to use (external license check Big Grin ) then a lite/free edition in this case

i was thinking about making certain options paid options like making backups , uploading plugins , using more then XX total forums , forced ads and more of those stuff where i got no idea's for at current moment

because i am creating the script full dynamic now dit i deside to only encode certain files that are urgent for the script to work , but are not needed for the template
on that way the script is for 95% avaible to edit , exept certain core files

for the alpha/beta testers i was having a idea in mind , to provide those testers a serial that they can use until i got a final release , and then a reward a serial for beein a beta tester (or extend serial time )

because of the suggestions i get from alpha/beta testers does it realy helps me to improve the script and to add new functions

The reason why i like to ask a small fee for it is because i spend a lot of time on it ( now spending already 4 full days to get this far ) so the work goes also fast

but if there are no beta testers or no intrests in paying a small fee to become beta tester then it is better that i get free beta testers and release a beta serail that can be used until i got a final release (because external serial check is that possible to adjust what each serial do )

anyway
i am still urgent looking for alpha testers , my script is not yet avaible for download but as alpha tester i can provide the files already (as you should know what to do with it if install/config goes not like it need to be )

hopely this explained everything

at current moment it can be found at http://ismybb.com
we are also working on the suppport forum ( http://ismybb.com/support ) and should be ready in a few days

Thank You
Greetings From PowerChaos
The support forum isn't generated by the multiforum script, its an other mybb installation.