MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I don't think the problem is within MyBB, but I'll ask anyway...

Of late, notifications of new messages, new members and new threads are arriving to my inbox ours if not days late (if at all). This is not the first time it has happened and it does seem to cure itself overtime.

I have tried with two different internet providers and got the same results (i.e. when one receives them, so does the other one)

What could the cause be?

Thanks.

A.
Contact your host. Many set daily limits on emails. If your hitting it will put the emails into a queue until your back under your limit.
(2012-07-01, 06:04 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Contact your host. Many set daily limits on emails. If your hitting it will put the emails into a queue until your back your limit.

Thanks. Will do.
What puzzles me, though is that it doesn't seem to happen with any other email I receive.

A.
Just to be clear I mean you web host(or the SMTP provider your using to send the emails). You can receive an unlimited amount (well maybe not unlimited but I've never heard of someone hitting a limit of emails received).