MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin login failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uploaded the latest version, and went to the upgrade page and the admin login fails then I get an error

"MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it."

Please advise

Thanks
upgrade your MyBB Version?.
thats what I am trying to do
You need to go to /install/ to run the upgrade process. MyBB has detected that you haven't properly upgraded it, so is instructing you to run the wizard before you try to use it. Otherwise things will break.
(2012-07-02, 02:05 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]You need to go to /install/ to run the upgrade process. MyBB has detected that you haven't properly upgraded it, so is instructing you to run the wizard before you try to use it. Otherwise things will break.

thats how I got the error, uploaded files & restored config, ran upgrade it asked me to login as admin, that failed and led me to the error.
(2012-07-02, 02:29 AM)promitech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 02:05 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]You need to go to /install/ to run the upgrade process. MyBB has detected that you haven't properly upgraded it, so is instructing you to run the wizard before you try to use it. Otherwise things will break.

thats how I got the error, uploaded files & restored config, ran upgrade it asked me to login as admin, that failed and led me to the error.

I don't remember it asking me to log in as admin. Maybe I was already logged in.

Are you sure you're visiting /install/ not /admin/ (or whatever your admin directory is)?

Also try visiting /install/index.php in case you aren't actually visiting index.php