MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: For developers: Font-Awesome, icons in font format.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How are they not the best quality? What would you like, exactly?
Thanks for this, I'll definitely use these for the next theme I create.
(2012-07-10, 12:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]How are they not the best quality? What would you like, exactly?

The edges aren't as smooth as I'd like. The most annoying thing for me is the multiquote javascript though. I'd use something like this for just a couple of buttons and multiquote would be one of them but I can't with the current javascript.
Well, it's a font. The smoothness is going to depend on your screen and your browser's font rendering.
(2012-07-10, 01:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's a font. The smoothness is going to depend on your screen and your browser's font rendering.

Not just that either. Windows always seem to render jagged edges on fonts of any size for me, no matter the browser.
(2012-07-10, 01:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's a font. The smoothness is going to depend on your screen and your browser's font rendering.

This is why I chose not to use them.

I agree we can do some things in CSS, and at small sizes it is not really noticeable, but once you start to kick up the sizes the jaggedness gets a bit much for me.

I know its because it is a font and the browser is not optimal - but the user does not and assumes I can't make a decent icon. I like to be sure that pages/whatever display as I want them to. I exclude rounded corners as I count that as candy - icons are important when used correctly to convey information - and if I am depending on user settings for display accuracy on important things then I won't use those items that require user settings in a main theme.
Pages: 1 2