MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I add these? - Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wanting to add the following:

- Users can change there own colour of there username.
- User's can choose there own profile theme/background
- User's can add there own Motto.

I am wanting to know if I can give users a domain email address such as @ultimategamingforums.co.uk - how could I add this.

How can I add any of these?
There are plugins that give your users the ability to change their username colour and other profile themes. Take a look here or Google it. There's an in-built setting to allow users to change their "motto" or usertitle (edit the usergroup and check the box).

Generally you have to register a domain name before you can use it for an email address. There are some systems that allow you to set up email accounts for domain names you own, but the process is often long winded and you may need to pay for it.
I can't help you any further on that front.
That version doesn't work with 1.6.8.

How can I change it to work?
(2011-10-22, 10:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Open plugin file and Change compatibility => 14* to 16*

Also, this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-108595.html
(2012-07-02, 01:39 AM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]I am wanting to add the following:

- Users can change there own colour of there username.
- User's can choose there own profile theme/background
- User's can add there own Motto.

I am wanting to know if I can give users a domain email address such as @ultimategamingforums.co.uk - how could I add this.

How can I add any of these?

who did you host with ??? some providers allow you to add email addresses but you may have to use the hosts cpanel to set them up
Thanks.

I'm having troubles with the Make users select colours of there own username there self
I need help with this too.
(2012-07-02, 08:02 PM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

I'm having troubles with the Make users select colours of there own username there self

The user name colour is set by group and not user so you would need a plug in for this ... from memory there are a couple on the market ...