MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Heroes.Ph - A Filipino Gaming Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
At what point should I start adding more sections? Specifically under professions and trading and crafting.

I am thinking of adding sub sections per profession but I am having second thoughts. Is it too early to add sections at this point in time?
Heart system in place. http://gw2ph.com/thread-221-post-1269.html#pid1269

Shamelessly got the idea from http://harajuju.net/ . Thanks brad-t!
This is probably going to be my last bump on this thread since I'm feeling satisfied with the forum already. Would love to know if you guys feel the same way too.
Looks good overall and looks like with some activity and efforts in promotion and SEO ect it will do well. I would remove the shoutbox though because your loosing out on SO many posts.
(2012-07-18, 08:16 AM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good overall and looks like with some activity and efforts in promotion and SEO ect it will do well. I would remove the shoutbox though because your loosing out on SO many posts.

I've been doing some SEO efforts last week and it's paid off. A lot of marketing on our Facebook fan page too, I keep forgetting to add a facebook follow button Sad

Yeah, I was experimenting with the shoutbox and it really did slow down posting when it's there so I removed it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Very nice - you have a good amount of members on line and you have activity. That is what matters the most. You can have the most beautiful theme ever but it is pointless without active posting members. You can only succeed from here forward.

On the theme - a couple of small points. The button images - I think they are supposed to look like splashes of black paint - but they look more like the images need work. I would consider swapping those out for css or redoing the buttons.
A bit more of feedback.

I feel as if you are getting a lot of member and a good base but you need to encourage them to post. Maybe add a few posting contests or something? The amount of users active over the past 24 hours should be getting you more posts than you have currently. Do you agree?

Also I do not like the green news bar. It does not fit the theme at all. I would change/remove that.
(2012-07-18, 01:09 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice - you have a good amount of members on line and you have activity. That is what matters the most. You can have the most beautiful theme ever but it is pointless without active posting members. You can only succeed from here forward.

On the theme - a couple of small points. The button images - I think they are supposed to look like splashes of black paint - but they look more like the images need work. I would consider swapping those out for css or redoing the buttons.

Yeah, the button images look terrible. Sad I'm currently in the process of moving away from a Guild Wars 2 specific forum and will be converting it into a gaming forum because we have had a lot of members who play a lot of other games too.

A matter of rebranding actually which won't be all too difficult. Probably will have a couple of problems with SEO but it's nothing webmaster tools can't fix. From there I will be looking for someone to create a proper gaming/CMS theme. I'm just waiting for that domain to expire which will be on the 28th Big Grin

(2012-07-18, 01:54 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]A bit more of feedback.

I feel as if you are getting a lot of member and a good base but you need to encourage them to post. Maybe add a few posting contests or something? The amount of users active over the past 24 hours should be getting you more posts than you have currently. Do you agree?

Also I do not like the green news bar. It does not fit the theme at all. I would change/remove that.

I can't really say, the forum is only 16 days old actually and I can't really gauge if the activity to member ratio is ideal.

As for the green bar, it's only a temporary announcement for the meeting we're going to have. It's not permanent, only there to grab their attention.

Thanks for the feedback to both of you <3
Pretty nice forum. I'm extremely interested in how you have managed to populate your forum so quickly since I last saw it.
(2012-07-18, 04:17 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty nice forum. I'm extremely interested in how you have managed to populate your forum so quickly since I last saw it.

Beta key giveaways. Also announced a giveaway around launch for members of the guild of 10 dollars worth of gems to 3 people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4