MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Heroes.Ph - A Filipino Gaming Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: logonew.png]

The forum took me quite a number of hours to modify. Based on the Guild Wars 2 theme by gamertemplate.com (awesome themes btw, highly recommended!)

http://heroes.ph

Please provide me with some feedback re the look of the theme and the sections.

I am currently looking for a chat solution, preferrably off hosted but with integration to my forum databse, users and etc. Or I need a socket server (willing to pay) for the ajax chat that I currently have on my site.
I think you ought to shrink the logo a bit. It's really big, which results in a lot of scrolling before the screen is actually filled up with content. The logo, however, is really awesome.

I'd also avoid a chatroom for now. Shoutboxes and chatrooms only work against your post count, which is what new forums need more than anything.
Thanks @capp, I reduced the logo size as you suggested. I might have to add a bit more to the logo to not make that part of the site so bland.

Also, my guild were used to chatting via our Facebook group chat and they were looking for the feature when the forum went up. I'm not really concerned with the chatbox interfering with the post count at the moment, since I don't really have any plans of monetizing the site and the site is running on donations.
Okay, I wasn't aware it was for a guild specifically. That changes things.
(2012-07-02, 09:57 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I wasn't aware it was for a guild specifically. That changes things.

Perhaps, I could have worded it better. Apologies for the confusion.
No worries. It probably says it on the site, but I didn't have a ton of time to go over it in too much detail (and it wasn't in your original post). The logo stuck out, however, so I wanted to post. Smile Good luck with the site!
Made a couple more changes. Fixed the editor, fixed the shoutbox and the countdown position. Any input from anymore people please?
This menu could look a little better in my opinion maybe some images?
[Image: WKOLwJ.png]
Simple theme, but somehow I like it. Smile
Made the portal as the default landing page. (http://gw2ph.com/)

Also added a mobile version of the site.
Pages: 1 2 3 4