MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP NEEDED: Email Verification not sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

When a new user registers at my forum, the account verification email is not sent to them. Please help on this issue.

I tried a testing email, and it was sent successfully.

So, i think my host support php mail. But the account verification is not sent. What could be the error.

Thanks in Advance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Removed the test email link as issue resolved.
Do they receive the emails in their junk box/spam box ?
No Mr.Yaldaram. I have checked the spam box also

Moreover the above test mail is received in my inbox itself.
I have created webmails for my domain(like [email protected]) thru my hosting and it works perfectly. I can send/receive mails internally and to external mails(like gmail,ymail)

My hosting supports php mail also. But this verification email alone is not sent to users.

What can be done???

Thanks in advance
Have you checked your error log to ensure no errors were logged at all?
friend where and how do i find this error log. I cant see it anywhere on my Admin CP
You should be able to access it via cPanel.
Linking us to a page that supposedly sends a test email is not enough. You need to tell it to send you an email address and tell us if that worked. That tells you if you are allowed to use the PHP mail() function at all. Make sure to send a valid email otherwise your SMTP mail server won't send it (and won't tell you that it failed).

Try sending yourself an email within MyBB. You can send a mass mail to just admins. That will test if MyBB is allowed to send emails full stop.
That testmail.php page sends an email to my email address. check image below.

Mr.euantor, thanks for the reply. I checked in cpanel and no error were logged.

[Image: mail1.png]
I contacted my hosting today and the chat conversation is given below.

Please check it and see if you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:18:20Madhan Kumar M: my domain is www.techtimes.co.in
18:20Madhan Kumar M: i cant send php mails from my site
18:21Madhan Kumar M: users registering at my site not receiving the verification emails
18:22Lloyd S: Please give me a moment to check the details
18:23Lloyd S: since you are using a mail script can you tell me which email address are you using under 'from'
18:24Madhan Kumar M: it should be the admin's email - [email protected]
18:26Lloyd S: you need to use an email address under you domain name itself like [email protected]
18:26Madhan Kumar M: can it be changed to [email protected]
18:26Madhan Kumar M: its already created
18:27Lloyd S: yes , you can use this
18:28Madhan Kumar M: ok... can i change it now in my site's admin panel and check
18:29Lloyd S: yes you may
18:34Madhan Kumar M: its changed
18:35Madhan Kumar M: but still i cant get the email to my gmail inbox
18:40Madhan Kumar M: is php mail supported on your hosting
18:42Lloyd S: yes. in this case can you check the code or you can raise a ticket on http://support.bigrock.com/ , our web hosting team would check and update you

I just received an email update from the hosts.

Quote:Hi,

You can send out mails directly from the server.

Due to recent spam attacks originating from our servers, we are enforcing the check on the from address that can be used to send the emails through mail scripts. The from address has to be [email protected]. For example, your from address that you need to use in the script is @domain name or donotreply@domain name, or any other email address with domain name.

Please note that to use any mailing function on our server you need to use FROM address from same domain e.g. xyz@domain name and Mailer will be localhost.

You can visit the below link for the test PHP mail script,

http://manage.bigrock.com/kb/servlet/KBS...q1060.html

Please do the above suggested and check again. In case you are still facing the same issue, kindly provide us the domain name and the script name, so that we can investigate further.

---
Regards,
Sheldon K
Pages: 1 2