MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm getting dumber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Start reading good books, increase your knowledge as that would give you confidence. Have a positive attitude and play some sports. You will improve~
(2012-07-03, 06:04 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 04:51 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 07:11 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Grades and marks mean nothing. At all. I coasted through elementry school with a D- minus average. I took AP (Advanced placement) courses in highschool. It's the method of learning really.

(2012-07-03, 04:10 AM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]80s an 70s are great marks in my opinion. I consider my self a smart teenager, able to start a brand, run websites, design, but in school I flunk stuff and just fool around. If you were failing it would be different.

I would say just take it easy there's nothing wrong with those marks, but if you feel you can achieve higher you should do as said above, stay after school and get a tutor.

I guess it depends on what you want out of life.

I suppose if you never want to get into a decent college and have the mentality and fortitude to finish it and have a better chance of getting a higher paying job that turns in a career then the above advice is great. I don't know of anyone that is in a white collar "career" that they love and is making as much money as they hoped that did not get an AA at the minimum.

This is incorrect. Most colleges universities have programs that will let you get into any program you want after a year of studies that makes up for highschool. A good friend of mine dropped out at the start of grade 11 and took that course so she could go to college faster.

(2012-07-03, 04:51 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose if you never want to get into a decent college and have the mentality and fortitude to finish it and have a better chance of getting a higher paying job that turns in a career then the above advice is great. I don't know of anyone that is in a white collar "career" that they love and is making as much money as they hoped that did not get an AA at the minimum.

don't forget the bold part. if you cant make it through high school the first time, you have little chance of finishing college successfully. of course there are exceptions but usually not. A lot of folks that do finish HS can't finish college, so those that give up on HS more often than not can't hack it in college.

plus your example seems to be a situation of advancement or skipping a grade versus dropping out or barely passing HS with low marks
Don't let doctors put you on drugs until you try other things first.

(2012-07-03, 10:04 AM)mikejari Wrote: [ -> ]Start reading good books, increase your knowledge as that would give you confidence. Have a positive attitude and play some sports. You will improve~

Try this too:
A recent study published in PNAS, an important scientific journal, shows that a memory task called dual n-back improves working memory (short term memory) and fluid intelligence. These findings are important because fluid intelligence was previously thought to be unchangeable.

What if a simple mental exercise could improve your memory and intelligence?
See this Wired article for an introduction to the Dual N-Back exercise and its benefits.
Pages: 1 2