MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace text with image in forum titles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've searched high and low for the answer but haven't been able to find a solution.

In ACP ->Forum Management -> Edit Forum, you're able to change the text/title of any forum. You're also able to put an image there instead, using html.

However, the image doesn't work the same as a text title in the sense that it won't act as a link into the forum itself.

So, instead of clicking "Forum Title" and then being led into that forum, I'd like to be able to click the image, and be led into the forum just the same.

I did try linking the image, but, unfortunately, it changes all links below it to go to the forum, instead of -only- the image itself. It's such a big problem, especially since you have to delete the forum (and subsequently all subforums) in order to fix it. :(

I think it has something to do with the forum title character limit since it always cuts off after a certain amount, thus removing the closing tag? I'd like to increase the limit, but I have no idea if that would work, or where to do that.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edit: Nevermind! It suddenly started to work. Not really sure why... I think I may have taken out the quotations around the image url. Not sure why that would change/affect things, but ah well! Thank to anyone who had a look at my issue anyhow. :)