MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My issue isnt really a problem. Its more of a question. I want to be able to change some of the stuff on my board. (website title: Forums) Is this possible? If not then can i reinstall but import my already used information. (merging system???) Thankyou!
New installation, however i have used the service before.

Bizzacks
AdminCP > Configuration > General Configuration > and edit "Board Name" and "Home Page Name" as per your needs.
(2012-07-02, 12:29 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP > Configuration > General Configuration > and edit "Board Name" and "Home Page Name" as per your needs.

'Legend'. I feel so stupid now. Appretiate it Yaldaram. +Rep for you for such a quick reply Smile

(also had a quick look at your site. Very nice layout)
Thank You.
No worries. Another quick question... How do you change the picture that sits next to the website title in a tab? Thanks for your help so far. Smile
(2012-07-04, 06:30 AM)Bizzacks Wrote: [ -> ]No worries. Another quick question... How do you change the picture that sits next to the website title in a tab? Thanks for your help so far. Smile

That's called a favicon. Upload a file called "favicon.ico" to your forum root (like, if your forum is located at www.example.com/forum, upload it to the /forum directory).

.ico is the file extension for an icon, by the way. Smile
Ok thankyou. The favicon isnt showing as I need to place some html code in... but where? Sorry for the late reply!
You do not need to add any HTML as this should work automatically, but if for some reason it does not work, you could always try to add the following in the header template Templates & Styles >> Templates >> TEMPLATE NAME >> Header Templates >> header:

<link rel="icon"
type="image/png"
href="http://example.com/myicon.png">

This will use a png image, so just make a 16x16 px png image.