MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pretty sure I already suggested something similar.

Simple, allow users to upload a image (just like avatars but with its own settings) to be used in their signatures.

And yes, pretty sure this can be done with a plugin, I already know.
I agree. Its pretty useful actually.
If you allow them to upload one image where do you stop?
(2012-07-04, 01:25 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]If you allow them to upload one image where do you stop?

People ask me if they can have ten avatars all the time.
Unless you (by default) limit the number of images in sigs this shouldn't be considered.
I don't know what you really mean Jack Clarke, it is one single image upload, just like avatars. It doesn't matter if by upload or uploading, users will still able to add as much images as they want depending on your settings.

Or maybe, adding something like [signature] to be replaced by that user's signature, that way you could disable images on signatures.
I like the signature system the way it is and don't think this would be used, but that's my opinion. Maybe new users who haven't used forums before may find this useful
To be fair, I'm not sure there's a huge use for this. You can already control the number of signature images, and it's not hard to find a place to host your image.
The thing is that your webpage is slower the most images it loads, and if those are all from different servers, even more.

You will also have control over the images maximum size/dimensions, as well as what users can upload images to your forum.

And it will not be a replacement for the actual feature, both will be available, just like avatars works.
(2012-07-05, 11:37 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that your webpage is slower the most images it loads, and if those are all from different servers, even more.

You will also have control over the images maximum size/dimensions, as well as what users can upload images to your forum.

And it will not be a replacement for the actual feature, both will be available, just like avatars works.

After reading this it seems like a good idea
Pages: 1 2 3