MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question. URGENT about theards..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if theres a code to post on a regular website like a certain forum catagory. Like News and Announcments and show up on a homepage and recent posts and/or theards.

Anyone help me out please?
/portal?
do you mean make a totally different website show a forum or 2 in your forum, but not the entire thing?
and this is not urgent.
Quote:this is not urgent.

Because I am sure you can judge my situation, and how fast I need things done? I mean you of all people should know, oh wait you dont know me or my problem and how urgent I need something. buzz off.

Also, this is for a complete new html/php page I am writing up. I am wondering if anyone can help me, I dont want a portal page.

Thanks Tiki, I also new one for new post or theard if you can help out. thanks
well i need my old 1.1.x templates updated for 1.2 and all my mods.
but I am patient.
starts with a p, look it up.
Question question, how can I take my forum (on domain.com') and put it on (domain.com/forum) ?
scheme Wrote:
Quote:this is not urgent.

Because I am sure you can judge my situation, and how fast I need things done? I mean you of all people should know, oh wait you dont know me or my problem and how urgent I need something. buzz off.

Also, this is for a complete new html/php page I am writing up. I am wondering if anyone can help me, I dont want a portal page.

Thanks Tiki, I also new one for new post or theard if you can help out. thanks

First of all, we don't tell people to buzz off. People here at MyBB do everything for free and volunteeraly, So don't expect "On-Demand" support. However, your welcome. I'm not sure about the new posts/threads although I've made one for other friends before. I might be able to release it as a plugin.

scheme Wrote:Question question, how can I take my forum (on domain.com') and put it on (domain.com/forum) ?

To do this, you'll need to change your forum directory url in the acp to domain.com/forum and change your cookie to reflect the new directory. More information can be found here [Wiki: Cookie_Settings] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

After you've done that just take all the forum files on domain.com and move it into a new folder called domain.com/forum - it should work just fine if you've followed all my steps properly Smile

Cheers