MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newbie Can't Find Theme/Template Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB for the first time. I am an accomplished WordPress installer, so I thought I'd be able to modify the MyBB appearance to match my website. Wrong!

Where are the theme/template CSS and HTML files that control the appearance of MyBB?

Lane
Admin Control Panel > Templates > edit your templates.
Admin Control Panel > Themes > edit > global.css > Edit in Advanced Mode > edit the styles/css
(2012-07-03, 04:00 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Admin Control Panel > Templates > edit your templates.
Admin Control Panel > Themes > edit > global.css > Edit in Advanced Mode > edit the styles/css
Thanks! That's a big help.

Now I have a new mystery.

In the template header is this:
<div class="logo">
and I'd like to modify that class.

But in global.css "logo" does not occur.

Lane
.logo isn't in the default CSS, you can just add it in Advanced Mode.
(2012-07-03, 05:17 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ].logo isn't in the default CSS, you can just add it in Advanced Mode.
OK, thanks. I'm better at modifying than creating, but we'll see.

Lane
Just add this to the top of global.css
.logo { 
stuff: blah;
}
(2012-07-03, 07:24 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Just add this to the top of global.css
.logo { 
stuff: blah;
}

Thanks,Alan! It's the "stuff: blah;" that gives me trouble. Smile

I was able to get it looking the way I wanted by just editing the header file. I would show you, but the 64K screenshot is too big for this board. You can see it at http://www.tabletsforseniors.net/forums/

Lane
... or .. if you go to admin/styles/default/main.css through ftp
there you will find your logo.gif & more... that is if you are working off the default template.