MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fetch Reg IP and Last IP from Users in moderation.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That code was intended if you wanted to create a plugin.
(2012-07-08, 05:45 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]That code was intended if you wanted to create a plugin.

Hm, you see, I had programming a long time ago. C++, Visual Basic, SQL and HTML was the last thing I learnt. PHP and CSS were still not common. I'm learning now, baby steps.

I can understand what I'm doing but it's mimicking and adapting for the most part. I have basic notions so I think in the future I could make some interesting things. Already did some good template modifications and CSS thingies. I've some ideas for plugins.

For example, what have you done up there: Variable declaration?

(2012-07-04, 05:48 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, weird, that should have fetched it.

You might have to write a simple query if it doesn't work, something like:

$uid = intval($mybb->input['uid']);
$user = get_user($uid);
$user_reg_ip = $user['regip']
//Further some modification or code

Where can/shall we declare them? In any part of a PHP file? If it's too complicated please link me some site or part of the forum where I can make head and tail of it. Smile
Look at the default "Hello World" plugin provided inside the MyBB package (inc/plugins/) and develop it that way. There are lot of guides on how to make plugin's over here, check them and it should help you get started.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

It's incredible how I posted here everything I worked on, yet people pass by and refuse to give a real concise help, cooperating to finish something that would be positive for everyone.

What you guys want? money to teach how to make MyBB fetch a damn variable in some part of a PHP file?

I can pay, money is not a problem, however the impression one gets is very very negative. Showed this to a colleague of mine, he just told what I think.
(2012-07-11, 03:24 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

On what line? Only half the error doesn't help.

(2012-07-11, 03:24 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]It's incredible how I posted here everything I worked on, yet people pass by and refuse to give a real concise help, cooperating to finish something that would be positive for everyone.

What you guys want? money to teach how to make MyBB fetch a damn variable in some part of a PHP file?

I can pay, money is not a problem, however the impression one gets is very very negative. Showed this to a colleague of mine, he just told what I think.

We're all unpaid volenteers. Posting a reply with an error then complaining minutes later that we're refusing to help you is illogical. We give support when we can, not when you demand it.

That's open source for you.
It is a vicious cycle. We choose MyBB because it looks it has future, but then we feel abandoned. We try to contribute to the project but there's always a wall. We also feel that you programmers/staff always complain. You are not paid programmers and we, 90% of the users, are not programming experts. It makes us even.
$user = get_user($uid);

You're missing a semi colon after $user_reg_ip = $user['regip'].
It does prove that not only I am a noob (I am and admit), but that people don't give a heck.

Now that it works, I'll try to make a plugin out of this for everybody to use.

Look how demanding we noobs are, offering contributions and all.
(2012-07-11, 04:40 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
$user = get_user($uid);

You're missing a semi colon after $user_reg_ip = $user['regip'].
Ah, must have happen in a hurry.

(2012-07-11, 04:58 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]It does prove that not only I am a noob (I am and admit), but that people don't give a heck.
Perhaps you should control your tongue and language. I was only trying to help you but I think you do not have even a small amount of respect or patience for what we help or be help to you.

I come quite less online. And remember no one spoon-feeds anyone, yes, one can definitely help and I was doing same, but it seems to you, it was nothing. Everyone has to start learning somewhere, I had difficulties too in start and came here for help, waited patiently when I was thrown up with the errors I didn't knew to tackle at those times.
(2012-07-11, 05:21 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 04:58 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]It does prove that not only I am a noob (I am and admit), but that people don't give a heck.
Perhaps you should control your tongue and language. I was only trying to help you but I think you do not have even a small amount of respect or patience for what we help or be help to you.

I come quite less online. And remember no one spoon-feeds anyone, yes, one can definitely help and I was doing same, but it seems to you, it was nothing. Everyone has to start learning somewhere, I had difficulties too in start and came here for help, waited patiently when I was thrown up with the errors I didn't knew to tackle at those times.

You quite come less online but it only took a couple minutes for you to come online and write more patronizing language in 5 minutes than any really helpful thing in the other 8 days where you threw a couple of dismissing one liners. That tells much about such benevolence: underhanded.

Come on, are we jesting or what.
Pages: 1 2 3