MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Text Color In certain locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i change the text color in ? i cant seem to get it Thanks in advance
[Image: b9S2o.png]
apply inline styling/html in your theme's templates (see w3schools for tags). There's numerous template locations you have circled there.
(2012-07-05, 12:00 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]apply inline styling/html in your theme's templates (see w3schools for tags). There's numerous template locations you have circled there.
Can You Help me Do it i don't understand what your getting at?
k... example:
let's say you have something like this in your MyBB header template:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forum-1.html">About</a>

and you want to add shadow (not supported in all browsers) to it... you would add inline styling like such:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forum-1.html" style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;">About</a>

style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000" adds a drop shadow.. and add ; and remove " to add another variable.. in my case I added a cursor style="cursor:default"

do put the two together you get style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;"
If you don't understand this I recommend you do some reading to understand some of the basics which I learned mine from w3schools.org
(2012-07-05, 12:12 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]k... example:
let's say you have something like this in your MyBB header template:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forum-1.html">About</a>

and you want to add shadow (not supported in all browsers) to it... you would add inline styling like such:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forum-1.html" style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;">About</a>

style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000" adds a drop shadow.. and add ; and remove " to add another variable.. in my case I added a cursor style="cursor:default"

do put the two together you get style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;"
If you don't understand this I recommend you do some reading to understand some of the basics which I learned mine from w3schools.org
I Understand , But what if i just want to turn the text to blue?, skype?-would be faster for support
color:{color name goes here}; or color:#000000; or color:rgb(0,0,0); is what you would use.. you could have EASILY found this out yourself by simply Googling w3schools font color...
(2012-07-05, 12:28 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]color:{color name goes here}; or color:#000000; or color:rgb(0,0,0); is what you would use.. you could have EASILY found this out yourself by simply Googling w3schools font color...
Gunner Do you think you can help me via skype?
I don't do skype Modd3rforums, sorry. Plus I'm no expert.. i think you'd be better off reading tutorials that I mentioned earlier.
(2012-07-05, 01:11 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]I don't do skype Modd3rforums, sorry. Plus I'm no expert.. i think you'd be better off reading tutorials that I mentioned earlier.
Okay So Please Give me a Simple Brief Explanation how to do this:
In the Template The Black Text EXAMLE:My Forums Because im going to change The GraY To black and i want the text to show... but if i set it to black and the text stays black half of the text will be missing ...
(2012-07-05, 02:05 AM)klnggaf1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi
[Image: xiaowang1.jpg]
[Image: xiaowang2.jpg]
[Image: xiaowang3.jpg]

?