MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: should be able to delete default help topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
don't tell me what to do, mybb! i don't need an article about logging in and out!

plus since you can edit the titles and body text, you can technically delete them by disabling them ... so it's just needless frustration
Darn it brad-t you shall not delete those help topics!

To be honest, I found this problem when using the system over on Xekko. It would be nice to remove them.
I like the help topics - it would be nice to make them nicer and more editable though.
(2012-07-05, 09:20 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I like the help topics - it would be nice to make them nicer and more editable though.

You already have full control over the HTML, what more do you want to do that you can't?
I agree, you should be able to delete Help topics.
Some are just pointless and some should belong in the rules, not the help topics.
(2012-07-05, 01:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-05, 09:20 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I like the help topics - it would be nice to make them nicer and more editable though.

You already have full control over the HTML, what more do you want to do that you can't?

Change the cookies page without having to edit it in the database via phpmy admin? (One example)
(2012-07-05, 03:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-05, 01:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

Change the cookies page without having to edit it in the database via phpmy admin? (One example)

That is rather a bug, is not it? If you can't edit the page without breaking its initial feature, it is a bug IMO.
Yes it is a bug Omar - but having control over the HTML does not make it go away (see reply to Brad). The bug is already reported on the MYBB dev tracker thing.
that's so weird. didn't know that.
Yes I saw somebody reported before I, XD

Maybe if they insert an text editor there, and make the textarea bigger, even that will be far better..
Pages: 1 2