MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global and Per Forum Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it would be nice to have global board rules which can be accessed via a link in the navbar and per forum rules which can be displayed in full at the top of each forums topic listing or as a link in the same place.
You can do this yourself :
Admincp ->Templates->Modify/Delete->*Template Set*->
Now goto these three files and edit :
toplinks
toplinks_member
toplinks_admin

You can make a new page for the rules, or just post a thread somewhere in your forums. But make sure to get the URL.

Then :
<a href="*URL goes here*">Rules</a>

actually
<li><a href="*URL goes here*">Rules</a></li>
I realise that but a forum software should be able to store rules and shows them without editing the templates.Smile
Well, the rules are outlined in the registration. Why do you want to show them again?
Well say you have a forum for posting screenshots, you might want to display the maximum dimensions and filesize allowed at the top of that forum so people don't miss them, most people just skip over that stuff during registration too.
ok, well, I'll make a page called rules.php, and have it draw everything from the templates, keep the theme the user has (eg: no set theme all the time) and give instructions on how to add/install it, link to it, and custmoise it. Would you like that??
O_o;... Why not just make a POST form, add it to the DB, and display it when rules.php is called? Undecided
Ok, for global rules: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1230

And for per forum, use annoucments titled "Rules"
Thanks k776, I don't actually run a public forum with MyBB yet though, I'm waiting for gold. Smile
Pages: 1 2