MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you manual add a referral?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Or you could add a description in registration which explains what a referral is maybe?
(2012-07-06, 02:54 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you want users to have the ability to keep changing their referral link? That would just be pointless and annoying. I could see perhaps the opportunity to add it if a user missed it during registration, but only once and it would have to expire fairly soon.

I'm not asking for the option to go in and change a referral link. I'm asking for the option to add a referral when someone forgets, or didn't know. I'm of the opinion that people make errors, and if they get a friend to sign up, then they get credit. Not that difficult in my opinion.

(2012-07-07, 12:28 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could add a description in registration which explains what a referral is maybe?

Yes, I will do that just to make sure it is explained. But seeing that I'm just starting this forum, I have yet to catch up on all the things that "I should have done." Big Grin
So it sounds like the consensus is that you cannot edit a referral manually, and that you will never be able to. The user gets once chance only and that is upon signup. I just want to make sure there are no other options before I mark this thread solved.
Pages: 1 2