MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long for Performing Queries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I'm finally trying to upgrade my board, and I'm already nervous.  How long should it be at the first step, Performing database queries.  Just says "done" at the bottom of the screen and isn't progressing.

[attachment=3936]

Damn it!   I got impatient and closed the browser and tried to restart it and got the following?  Can anyone please help me?  Is it too late to scrap all this and go back to 1.1.8???  

[attachment=3937]
How long did you waited? You really shouldn't have closed the browser.

Do you have a backup of the database?
Yes, but I don't know how to load it into phpadmin!

Also, I was able to delete the duplicate queries and get the upgrade going again, so now I'm back to the first screen, where it says it's doing the queries but has "done" at the bottom!  How long should I let it sit there before assuming it's hung?

Well, it's still on that screen after over half an hour! How long before I should reupload my backup!?  Can anyone give me instructions or link on how to do that??

Well, after about 45 minutes, I closed the browser and uploaded all my saved files. I'll stick with 1.1.8 until someone can help me figure this out!!!
So your forum is working properly running 1.1.8 now?
Except for a few problems, yeah, it's doing alright! I just didn't know why it hung during the queries!?
What kinds of problems?
Can't access user cp or do any searches! LOL...other than that, the rest of the forum is doing fine! Big Grin
Had you restored your database backup that you made before the attempted upgrade to 1.2?
Don't know how to do that! I read that you have to delete the current database but I don't know how to that either! I was just afraid of messing it up further!

And I'm about to sign off for the day...11 hours straight is long enough! My back hurts! Big Grin
I'll be on first think tomorrow morning!