MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB Conversion - Posts won't show on Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

After converting a site from phpBB no posts will display on the portal. I've selected 3 forums which use the default permissions and no posts seem to appear even though the forums are populated with them.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Jack
Do you mean announcements or recent topics?
Or even both?
Latest Threads in the sidebar shows correctly. It's the 'announcements' in the middle which are really threads. Smile
I have the same problem and I have a fresh install of mybb so I just used pro portal and added my announcements manually
Unfortunately that's not an option. I need this to work automatically.
Delete ./inc/settings.php just to be sure the settings are being written to it. The file will regenerate itself using the values from the database. You will want to make sure that this line contains the fids you specified afterwards.

$settings['portal_announcementsfid'] = "2";

It's also worth re-uploading a fresh copy of portal.php to eliminate corrupt files as the cause of the issue. And while you're at it, go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > Yes to rule out plugins as well.
Deleting inc/settings made it work except two old threads aren't showing. New threads now show.
I'm not sure why. Are those threads any special compared to the rest of them?

Could you please provide the forum URL and the old threads which are not showing up?
http://casuallyaddicted.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

The only difference is that they are old posts from before the conversion.