MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Browser crash while updating to 1.2, now can't run upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the topic said, my browser crashed while I was in middle of the update (rewriting last post thing I believe). I had several pages open so I doubt it was the fault of the installer. Now when I try to run the install, I get this:

Performing necessary upgrade queries..
MySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'totalpms'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD totalpms int(10) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER showcodebuttons;

What can I do to fix this and not lose everything?
Well, I know that from my very recent experience (I shut the browser cause it appeared hung and restarted). I got the same error. Just means that the queries that the software did to your database created some new tables. Short of manually deleting them all, which might not even be a consideration for you, as you were half way through, you might need to upload your database backup and start over!
Try uploading the install directory (attached below) to your current install directory (overriding the files) and try again Smile
I can't run a query to delete all of the newly created tables? I was on 1000-1200 of 1633 I think.
I will certainly give this a shot!
Ok, I tried with a fresh install directory, and still got the same error. Anything else that I can try?
nah, uploading files to your server won't take care of all that was done to the database. It won't proceed since all those queries created new tables. If you know how to run a query to get rid of all tables created today, do try that joker...and let me know how you did it! LOL

I gave up and uploaded the old files and will stay with 1.1.8 until I or someone else can figure out what the problem is.
I can drop all of the tables, but I need a list of what all they are. I find a few, and then I try to run it, it gets hung on one, so I have to go drop it, but it's created all of the ones I've already dropped, so I have to go back and drop them again, so it's really time consuming to do it this way.
I feel for you. I had to do that. Start a list of the ones that it stumbled over. The list had about a dozen tables, that I had to drop one by one. Very time consuming, so it would be nice if there was a list. Maybe Chris can get you one!

I've given up for now, so good luck!
screw it, I'm just going back to my backup... uploading.... then SSH it over as I can't import from phpmyadmin on this shared hosting account...

Thank goodness I did this on a test server and not on my primary.
Pages: 1 2