MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Remote MYSQL Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-07-07, 01:21 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Create a DB for the phpbb dump. Import the SQL into that.

Then create a database for MyBB. Run the merge using the respective details.

Once complete, you can delete the phpBB database on your site.

Alright so what you're saying is I should delete my current MyBB database? Wouldn't that make me lose everything that I already have set up though? I have themes a few members and a couple topics that have already been posted.
Export the database before you delete it then you can just import it again and nothing would have changed
(2012-07-07, 11:19 PM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Export the database before you delete it then you can just import it again and nothing would have changed

But then what's the point of deleting it if I'm just going to re-import it again? This confuses me a lot. I'm a server technician and this still makes no sense to me.
Sorry I didn't read the rest of the topic but if you want to save everything you already have then yes you will just re-import it again
I've done everything you guys have said, and I still get this:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'group_single_user' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_id > 2 AND group_single_user != '1'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
Pages: 1 2