MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newb help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. I'm attempting to find a theme better than default for my website forums. The problem I'm having, is I have absolutely NO idea what to do, I've been looking around for hours on tutorials and the forums here and I have no idea how to do it. All the themes I put in via my admin cp don't work, they load up, but they are missing all the buttons and the title banner making my forums useless. I have a picture I want to use for the title, and I have buttons I have found to replace the broken ones, but they don't work. My forums are located at http://forums.phoenixcraft.tk if you want to have a look and see what I mean. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.
The images are missing from the ./images/THEME_IMAGE/ folder.
(2012-07-06, 10:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]The images are missing from the ./images/THEME_IMAGE/ folder.

You mean in my /forums folder? I'm new to this I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to be installed.
When you downloaded a theme it came with a folder that has images in it, you need to upload this folder to forum/images
(2012-07-06, 10:16 PM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]When you downloaded a theme it came with a folder that has images in it, you need to upload this folder to forum/images

Okay, then you select it with the XML in the Admin CP right?
Yes goto Admin CP > Themes And Templates > Import a Theme then upload the .xml file and your theme should be ready!
(2012-07-07, 12:20 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Yes goto Admin CP > Themes And Templates > Import a Theme then upload the .xml file and your theme should be ready!

Ah, Thank you very much for your help, one more question, where do I put my custom title? I'm using the royal red theme.
What do you mean by custom title?
(2012-07-07, 12:29 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by custom title?

The title logo for the forums.
It will either be in your css or your header template

Header template: AdminCP > Themes and Templates > templates > your theme > header templates > header

CSS: AdminCP > themes and templates > themes > your theme > global.css > advanced mode
Pages: 1 2