MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: just installed forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You need to learn to use FTP if you want to host this site yourself ...
I agree, but the advice I have been given so far, has not worked, and I have done what I was told to do.

But I thought I may be able to get help here.
Why do they make it so hard to do, I had another forum before this, and it was so easy to install, but mybb is so hard, easy to install, but not to get it right, why are there so many things you have to change, why dont they just do it right first time, upload it, log in, done, end of.
(2012-07-07, 05:26 AM)willo1976 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, but the advice I have been given so far, has not worked, and I have done what I was told to do.

Why do they make it so hard to do, I had another forum before this, and it was so easy to install, but mybb is so hard, easy to install, but not to get it right, why are there so many things you have to change, why dont they just do it right first time, upload it, log in, done, end of.

Everyone uses mybb for all different types of forums it would be impossible for it just to be install done...
Ok, is there any one that can sort it for me please, am pulling my hair out, its driving my nuts

(2012-07-07, 05:39 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-07, 05:26 AM)willo1976 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, but the advice I have been given so far, has not worked, and I have done what I was told to do.

Everyone uses mybb for all different types of forums it would be impossible for it just to be install done...
I have been trying for hours and hours, I can not do it, is there someone that could do it for me please. or should i just change forum software
I did suggest that you used FileZilla and not Windows Explorer. I think it's much easier to work with, and it's what most people use.

This is not hard to accomplish. Download FileZilla, install it, login using your credentials and follow my initial instructions.
If you still can't get your head around this, feel free to post your FTP details in the Private Inquiries section and I will perform the CHMOD changes for you.
(2012-07-07, 09:41 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I did suggest that you used FileZilla and not Windows Explorer. I think it's much easier to work with, and it's what most people use.

This is not hard to accomplish. Download FileZilla, install it, login using your credentials and follow my initial instructions.
Perhaps its not hard for you, I did download filezilla, typed my details in it, it was asking for a port number, i dont know this.

Why the hell do most people on here, expect every one to be a genius, and if your not, you get spoken to like your in the headmasters office, for not being clever enough.

God help any one new coming on here and asking for help.
I was never rude to you. I was merely trying to help you learn. And I believe I expressed myself very clearly. If you didn't understand something, you could have just said it. Your assumption that we expect everyone to be geniuses around here is incorrect.

For the record, the port number is 21. If you would rather not do it yourself, please PM me your FTP login details. I will quickly take care of it. Otherwise let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be more than happy to assist you. Smile
Also if you decide to use FileZilla, I advise having a read through the documentation
A very big thank you to Fábio Maia, for sorting my site out, Thank you so much.
Pages: 1 2