MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dive Into HTML5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if this has already been posted, but here is a link to the Dive Into HTML5 site.

http://diveinto.html5doctor.com/index.html

I found it a very interesting read, as it not only covers the usage of HTML5 but also gives a fascinating history of HTML section.
I put one foot in the water with HTML5 and CSS3, but need to learn more about fall backs for older browsers. Way too many people still use IE8, for example.
Thanks for the link.
(2012-07-07, 05:56 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]I put one foot in the water with HTML5 and CSS3, but need to learn more about fall backs for older browsers. Way too many people still use IE8, for example.
Thanks for the link.

Way too many people use IE. Period.
(2012-07-07, 06:33 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-07, 05:56 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]I put one foot in the water with HTML5 and CSS3, but need to learn more about fall backs for older browsers. Way too many people still use IE8, for example.
Thanks for the link.

Way too many people use IE. Period.

Yea, but IE users don't deserve to be on the Internet Toungue progress requires sacrifices - and to be honest, who's gonna worry about sacrificing Internet explorer?

/JK, HTML is not ready - and more so the world is not ready for HTML 5...
Well, you can't ask not tech-oriented people to care about what a "browser" even is...

I had not started learning HTML stuff yet, enough with CSS3 for now _._
I've been using HTML5 for at least a year now. Using stuff like Microdata and Local Storage is incredibly useful and with tools like Modernizr, graceful degradation is simple enough for there to be no excuse not to use it for me.
(2012-07-07, 06:38 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]/JK, HTML is not ready - and more so the world is not ready for HTML 5...

What makes you think that? HTML5 is more than ready. And so is the world.
I have been looking at HTML5 for a while - HTML5 Boilerplate etc - but I was not really sure what was so special about it and I was very wary of the fact that IE8 and below does not support HTML5.

The article (though rather long - it is more of a book) does a good job of explaining how this all works.

I may try a page Big Grin
The world isn't ready yet, otherwise everything would be in HTML 5 Toungue there are too many incompatible browsers out there to switch. It'll be a few more years yet, IMHO, until the world makes the switch. As for HTML 5 not being ready, has it been ratified yet? And has it made its way into IE (I don't keep up with Microshit)?
Some of it has made it's way into IE. IE10's meant to have pretty good support for it. In fact, Microsoft has a whole site dedicated to HTML5 demos.
Pages: 1 2