MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Connecting one website to another using feeds? Best way please :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum, I really didn't know where to post this.

This may take a mybb guru on this question or possibly any webmaster who knows his stuff! Wink

I have a website that is completely built using mybb, then I have another url that I was going to simply redirect back to this forum url, but then I got to thinking that I may be able to utilize the other url to serve as a feeds site that would display popular topics on the other site, and basically just tie it in for navigational purposes for the other site.

Would anyone have any tips on the best way to go about doing this, or what would be the best way to run a live feed on one site to connect to mybb forums on my other site? Or is this possible?

I know I could just link things up, but I'd like something that would show in real time that I wouldn't have to go in and constantly manually update.

Thank you so much for your time!
You would need to code a PHP script on the other website that connects to the MYSQL database of your MyBB forum and grabs the latest topics.
Got it... now, for the non coder, lol, is there a simple way to do this? Or somewhere you might be able to point me so I can learn more?

Thanks for your response Jamie!